Friday, December 5, 2008

Friends

The paths that I lived,
How much I long to re-live,
Wandering in wonder,
I ere for my friends…

Oh! how I lament, miss those days,
Laughter and teases,
Angers of innocence!

And yet here I am,
In an surrounding alien to me,
And like a fish that shakes on the land,
I long for water, to dive in…


My wonderful bygone days!
Where two were one, ten were one,
Together we did walk,
Alas! Vision my eyes,
Eyes that long for resemblance,
In the grave souls of individualism!

WORDS! MY WORDS!
Fly and reach their hearts,
Tell them how much…
Just how much I miss them…
Long their presence…

The paths that I lived…
How much I want to re-live…

Thus to you, I ask a question,
FRIEND’S FOREVER?

1 comment:

Dibyendra Hyoju (दिव्येन्द्र ह्योजु) said...

Pratik, just recently, I've found your blog, and have been following your blog since then. But, due to unavailability of time to read and write, I haven't been able to browse many of your poems. I liked the structure of your poems.

I also write poems to depict the feelings. I'm glad that I've found your blog. I'll read your other poems whenever I get ample of time.

And, about this poem, I particularly liked following lines a lot:

"Oh! how I lament, miss those days,
Laughter and teases,
Angers of innocence!"

"And like a fish that shakes on the land,
I long for water, to dive in…"

I'll read your poems whenever I get time again. Till then, bye.

Dibyendra