Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lost in Cholera

I heard the day’s news,
160 dead…a few troubled,
Then my thought to you reached,
With melancholy, Beloved, Oh! Mine!
Are you fine?
In that distant place;
Away…far away,
Days to reach…

Troubling are these times,
As I write a letter to you,
One added to the toll,
Pray you hearken my words…
For Beloved, a distance saves my health…
A distance tries to touch your skin…

I fail to write!
I shake over…over and more…
Something pierced my ears and heart,
I wish to speak, words choke within,
One new number again to list,
The name revealed,
Oh! what a pain!
Tears all down these eyes;
As they stick to the TV box,
Hearing what they say,
Rejecting what they say,

NO! NO! NO WAY OUT!
LET ME END! LET YOU READ!

T.I.M.E.! S.T.O.P.! FREEZE
I will run,
Snatch you when you’re gone…

NO! You’re NOT GONE!
NO! YOU’RE NOT GONE!
But you are ………………………………………

No comments: