Saturday, August 2, 2008

Healing scar

Consoling words of ‘sorry dear’,
I profess but wonder its touch,
For even if the wound is gone,
The scar continues to remain.

Should I feel the touch,
Or understand its existence,
As it tries to heal the scar deep within,
Or makes the wound sore?...

Would it touch my heart?
And would you hold my hands after it?
Or should I see the scar,
Then feel the wound?

In a company, I am lonely,
I sigh…take a long breath,
And still am lonely…
So my eyes stare to the horizon…
Far away from the crowd…

Thus I long to smile…
I smile in tears…I smile from skin,
Not from within…

My heart pounds in joy,
And cries in tears…melancholic joy…

You say, Oh! dear I am sorry…
The wound it heals…
But the scar remains…

1 comment:

Dibyendra Hyoju (दिव्येन्द्र ह्योजु) said...

Moving poem!

The following lines are quite moving:

"So my eyes stare to the horizon…
Far away from the crowd…"

"Thus I long to smile…
I smile in tears…I smile from skin,
Not from within…"

"My heart pounds in joy,
And cries in tears…melancholic joy…"

Great!