Thursday, December 27, 2007

War Widow

Wife: “Shh! Lie down, close your eyes,
I’ll come back,
Just once I’ll go,
And never again,” he had said.

I let him go,
For trust in love,
I trusted him,
He kissed my lips, and we then parted…

Soldier: My beloved, the war is harsh,
My friends die,
I weep. They wish my safety, bloody hands…
Yet I fear,…what next second brings to me

My fate is flickering…my luck in dismay,
I wish not me…I wish not me,
Yet, ‘spite of it, your memories still fills my heart,
I will come…I wish to come…

Wife: Yet you never came,
Trusted love, betrayed by luck,
I now weep…do you hear?
I now weep…do you see?

Soldier: My love, I write to you,
A friend close to me died ago*,
I am scared…I fear…
His body…shredded to pieces…stepped a mine…

I cried, it is hard to explain,
My heart’s stiff,…
Am I a living dead? I fondly ask,
Just don’t weep…I will be back…I wish to come…

Wife: I pray, sit below the Blessed,
You be home, kids are waiting…I am waiting…
Your daughter says, “when is daddy coming?”
I weep…your promise…

Soldier: My love, how am I to say,
Luck betrayed love,
You are an illusion never will I reach,
I am stuck here, I cannot run…
My kids, I guess, look my way,
So do you…yet, an illusion you are to reach,…
Say the kids,
Daddy’s bringing a surprise…I’m coming home.

Wife: I wait for you,
The kids are waiting in front of the door,
With every stopping van,
They think it’s you,
I pray it’s you…

Soldier: A van is coming, combat coloured,
Send the kids inside,
You come towards it,
Hug me, kiss me…just don’t you cry…

Wife: “Shh! Lie down, close your eyes,
I will com back,
Just once I’ll go,
And never again,” he had said.

I lay down,
Closed my eyes,
Opened my eyes,
You never came…
You just went…
You never came…you never came…

A wonderful surprise, you gave to me,
You never came…you never came.,
See my wet eyes that longs your way,
Please come back home…
Never will you,,,you just went…you just went.

Peace.

No comments: