Sunday, September 30, 2007

Angel of Bliss

Someone in the woods
Called me by my name
For the first time I heard
I thought it was an illusion

Next day I went to the woods again
And yet again, someone did call me by my name
This ought not be an illusion, I called myself
And wandered into the woods to reach the voice

A damsel in complete white
Stood behind a tree
Fair face she was…
Fair Lady she was…

With the gone Sun over the sky
She reflected angelic light
Bright enough to wet your eyes
She was an Angel of Bliss

Closer I went…
Her face was clear,
And her eyes glimmered in the quaint dark night
And I defined her, angelic beauty

Now she seemed an illusion to me
For a step closer, she walked away…
For a run near, she ran away…

“Do stop” I pleaded
And she turned her head towards me…
Her eyes that looked at me…
Completely struck me by awe

She was an Angel of Bliss
An angel; only one saw
And then she welcomed me to her…
With her arms wide open

For a moment I then stood dull,
Then I ran to reach her…
To own her…
To love her…

Alas! What a sorrow it was
For when I closed my eyes to hug her with love on my heart,
She disappeared with a sharp blow of the wind!

Se was a Fair Lady…
An angel a man couldn’t reach
Her place isn’t in the thorns of me…
But in the velvet roses up above.

Oh! But what’s a rose without a thorn…
Wouldn’t everyone pick it up with ease?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey
i really liked the poem "angel of bliss" and the words used in it are simply nice ...^_^
simply put the heart out heh
nice poem love it ..