Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Painter's Art

If the world were to be an art
And I its painter,
First I’d draw,
The Fair Lady I adore

With then would come me
Merry face with dreams and aspirations
Far away you misery!
Closer you come love…

Yet despite the happiness sketched
There still is dark
With the Fair Lady not smiling
For her heart wanders far away…

If I were to be a painter
And the world my art
First I’d draw
The Fair Lady

With then would come her heart winner
Both merry faces…
Close together…forever…
But oh! what misery

And in my painting,
Scorn as you may,
Never would I scribble my name
For what was never mine
Would I ever lose?...

“Away…away you go” cried Fair Lady to me
And a step back of me…
Glowed her face

Finally the art seemed bright and beautiful
With the Fair Lady’s smile and her heart winner…
With the fading me…
Like a gust of wind.

Startled were everyone with merry faces…
At a painter’s art
Fair Lady and her be-lover…
And alas! melancholy as it was,
No one understood the painter’s
Fragile heart…stone!

If I were to be a painter
And the world my art
First I’d draw…
The Fair Lady I adore…
The Fair Lady I lost!

No comments: