Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lost Cause

Something slipped down, passed unnoticed,
From the lips of my eyes,
The rain soaked, my eyes are wet,
By the falling droplets,…
It is easy to cry,
In the rain tonight.

See the night is long,
So are your memories…painful…piercing…unrestful,
Like the night I hear that whispers,
A strange tune of melancholy,
But the lyrics I can’t hear.

Elusive…mystical…your enigmatic existence,
Provoking…luring…vaguely adored memories,
Fondly I ask, what love is,
“Smiles and tears…sorrows and pain.”

Bring the wine, the unhurtful kiss,
And let me drink full till the early morn,
Solace my loss, erase my memories
…that subtle sublime smile.

Shh! I heard a voice,
Nay, I didn’t…I did…did you?

The guilty flame of the burning fire,
Warm…hot…flickering to silence,
What comes does go,
Let it go, let it pass,
It is easy to say,

But I stirred burning ash,
In the dying fire…

No comments: