Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Love's Note

The beating of the hideous heart,
That stayed silent, unknown to all,
It stayed quiet, beat by some pounding name,
I knew…mockery you didn’t…

And now, after all these time,
The hideous heart, now I know,
Tribute to the love of yours,
Understood…understand; forever I will…

You heart’s beat, thence I recall,
One…two…it pounded in you,
“I love you,” you seemed to say,
Three…four…
“But will you to?”

“Words of love, are best unexpressed,
Let him know…let him find…”
One…two…your heart thus beat,
“I love you,” I heard you say,
Three…four…
“nay doubt me, I love you too.”

Love never, will be hidden,
See in her eyes that glimmer today…tonight,
Touch her lips…kiss her head,
Then with gentle smile, hold her close,
Tell her the words, you’ve kept to you,
“I love you dear,
Not just today, forever too.”

Then she will,
Forever be yours,
Hug her, hold her…don’t let her go,
Who knows what tomorrow brings on to you?

No comments: