Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Serene Night

Serene is the night,
With the twinkling stars above the sky,
Fancy light it acts tonight,
While the fair moon shines upon your beauty’s grace.

Like the soft quiet night,
So is the sea, tranquil and calm,
While the gentle breeze blows to the tune of the keys,
You danced in grace, I stood in dismay…

Dazzled…perplexed…struck by awe,
Disillusioned…stunned…silent…mum…
Words dare not come close to define you,
The night’s tranquil, I’d best stay mute.

Hush! Hark! Those fluttering leaves,
The colossal breeze that tonight fills the air,
The modest waves of the sea,
And your soft breaths of unheard mystic words…

See the night, long…soft and calm,
I’d wish to behold you by your arms,
Feel your breath…
And those mystic words, I ere to hear…

Let the piano continue to play,
And the breeze to blow till the dawn,
Let the waves of the water raise in joy,
I heard them…
Shh! The sea is calmer now…

No comments: