Friday, November 9, 2007

Faerie

The melodies that echoes in my ear,
Of a distant maid calling my name,
In the hamlet near that ocean bed,
From the mountain ridges of the north,

She plays and runs, and roam around,
Sits above that rocky cliff,
And sees the sun at the horizon go down,
And the melodies echoed in my ears.

One early morning,
She thus woke and ran,
To meet the rising sun on the mountain cliffs,
And I heard the melodies echo in my ear

Her sweet voice with love in it,…
The gentle wind…the gentle breeze,
Her shyness and her mystical smile…
Her dark black hair,…and her that very face…

While the wind rhymes her anklet’s sound,
She runs with her bare feet up above the mountain cliffs,
As if a flower would blossom in her trodden steps,
Pulling her lehenga a little above her ankle…

Thus one day I went,
To meet the voice on the mountain ridges,
Where she stood facing the rising sun, singing a song,
And I gently embraced her from behind,

And then she turned towards to me,
With her wet eyes…with her doubtful smile…
Then I kissed her forehead and her tears,
And together we stayed…forever and long.

* lehenga: an ankle length skirt, derived from Indian word.

No comments: