Friday, November 9, 2007

Lamented Ode to Childhood

Small wonders roam over these narrow lanes,
Innocent little kids who see the world with utter innocence,
While they roam and play, and wander around,
The sun above them shines in merry brightness

Although those elderly walk to the temple doors,
And offer their respects to their creator,
Those small wonders are closest to the heavenly spirits,
With their innocent hearts that wonder a god

An elderly thus lamented, for his childhood long gone,
Where he played and roamed, and wandered around,…
Here and there, with nothing on his mind,
And no sorrow in his heart,

Oh! how beautiful life had then resembled,
When I wondered what is a cat!
Yet how quickly it has flown,
And left me with not a bit of my childhood innocence,

But now I know, a cat and a dog,
With distinct characters of their own,
Yet something flew right below me when I knew them,…

My childhood days with innocence overshadowing me.

Yet those little wonders, now with innocence etched on their faces,
Will be just like me,
Lamenting for their lost childhood days,
Considering how quickly life has flown…
Oh! what misery.

But I now wonder with innocence that at least is revived,
Who is closest to god forever long,
With the flowing time, a child alas! Grows to a man,
With no innocence left behind,…grave deeds and the same intentions,

What a sorrow it is to say,
None of those mercied are close to god,
For between the heaven and the land below,Vast winds and cool breeze blows!

No comments: