Friday, November 9, 2007

A Journey

I.
I went to the urban streets,
It’s large and big,
With lots of vehicles moving here and there,
But no one’s there to speak.

I went to the urban houses,
Big and beautiful, rich people I called,
Inside were alien gadgets, big and small,
And a child was playing with one,

Fearsome sound that gadget made,
Gun noise, and a panicked combat troop,
Then in its screen, I saw a man fall down,
I got scared, the game was over.

I went to the urban grounds,
Playground, it was supposed to be,
But not a child played in it,
Save some dogs and grazing cows…

Oh! what a life do they live,
No one sees the other,
Everything on rush and haste,
How much I miss my home…

II.
I went to the rural streets,
Narrow lanes, smelly kids,
With carts running here and there,
Oh! no vehicle to move on…

I went to the rural houses,
Small and warm,
Inside, a merry peasant’s family playing,
No computers or technologies, still so happy…

They laughed and played,
Worked together in the fields,
A world of their own,
How merry….but my home…

I went to the village grounds,
Kids there played, and made joyous sounds,
My playground back home…
Oh! what misery…

What merry life do they live,
One knows the rest,
Everything slow and smooth, and so very beautiful,
How much I now wish, I was one of them too!

No comments: