Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Unavailed Love

I heard her name in a crowded street,
I glanced her…she resembled an angel,
She then called me by my name,
“Unavailed love”, I called myself…dismissed the thought

I saw her in those narrow lanes,
Walking here and there,
She waved to me,
“Angel I can’t reach,” I called myself,
And she bid me a bye

Then a sorrow filled me from within,
I cried and wept,
She never did see,
The wet eyes in the falling rain,

“It’s easy to cry in rain,
As no one can see your tears,..”
“It’s easy to cry in rain,
As she couldn’t see my tears.”
And she laughed from within, I from the skin…

I saw the girl,
She blinked an eye to me,
Thought I’d do the same,
Alas! She didn’t know I was blind,
“Unfortunate love,” she said to me

One day she thus came to me,
I defined her appearance,
“You could see,” she told in disbelief,
“I could see…but could you?”

If I had a want,
I’d spellbound you with my love…nay I wouldn’t,
I’d wait till you walked to me

She then cried,
I wiped those tears…broke from within,
I then wished to hold her tight,
Nay, I couldn’t…I stood behind…stood behind…

Someone came, his vision was blur,
Held her close,
I watched in dismay,
Stepped back in the dark…

Unavailed love…
Unfortunate love…
Illusion unreached…
It just was a dream for real.

1 comment:

pd said...

I bough down upon thy foot. Mau words always find a way to float in you so that you can write forver!
We have a new poet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A grand one with class
Your admirer!!!!!!!!!